Wednesday 30 June 2010

Badminton?

I got a shock today when I saw this guy sitting with my Makwe at the dining table.




He's my cousin of same age, and we grew up together. I remember he used to run around my house naked (and to this day I still have a couple of photographic proofs!!). Because we're the same age our parents really liked to take pictures of me kissing him. O my G. But I do miss those days though! We've grown apart now, I hardly ever talk to him, which is a shame because we used to go to school together until Standard 6.

My Makwe has a swollen face because she fell and hit her head on the post 2 days before my engagement.

Oh but this post is not on the random things that happened today. Just some musings I had floating around in my head.

1. My cousin started to play badminton in the last 2 months. I know he didn't have any proper lessons but he said playing badminton helped him to lose weight. He lost 20kgs in 2 months!

This is a divine sign that I should take up badminton. I've been toying with this idea for a long time now, so maybe now is a good time to start.


2. In a recent Nat Geo article on the 'New' South Africa:

"...racism will imprisoned you. You will be a prisoner of both your mind and your heart.."

3. In the book by Ust Hasrizal (i've finished it !!) he said that good children are moulded by good wives...... I've got 2 years to be a good person. O my G.

4. I read an article about the 99 names of Allah.

He is also known as Al-Wahhab----> The Giver of All
There are 5 components to this:

a) He gives without asking for reward.
b) He gives and gives and gives.
c)He gives without being asked.
d) He gives precious givings
e) He gives something that is good to generate good.

all of these which incidentally correlates to our parents characteristics!!

LOVE OUR PARENTS!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Anep is so thin!

    Yaya, you just reminded me of my long-neglected blog. Must get the creative juices flowing once again. :)

    ReplyDelete