Sunday 27 June 2010

The mundane

Practical things leading to my engagement that I've learnt.

1. I love you sis, but that is the last time you will be my make-up artist. I liked what you did but I wasn't head over heels with the result if you get what I mean. You have got great make-up skills, but I think we have different ideas as to what 'fresh' implies. I think it's harder if you have a makeup artist you are NOT paying for, because than you're just a canvas BUT if you hire a real makeup artist, you are the CLIENT. You have the power of making comments.

2. Smile and enjoy the day. I felt so relaxed and happy that I just smiled like a moron at everyone. Great!!

3. Corset is not an option ever again.

4. Neither will see through lining. What's the fricking point of lining if you can see my skin?

5. Do the dress way earlier than 2 weeks before.

6. Don't forget to pick up dry cleaning!

7. Dark liner is ugly on me.

8. DON'T FORGET HEELS.

9. Buff nails the night before.

10. Get girlfriends to be involved in the process of getting ready your dress/beautification etc etc. Feels so good to indulge ourselves!

11. Should've got a pedi and a meni. Felt self conscious about my ugly paws.

12. Watch what you eat.

13. Facial is a must.

14. Deodorant and lots of perfume because Malaysia is hot.

15. Ariani is fricking expensive.

16. RSVP is good.

17.Eat breakfast.

18. Get involved with hantaran/door gifts. I LOVE THEM ALL! so personal and meaningful!

19. Empty both bladder and bowels before putting makeup on.

20. Wear button down shirts for easier removal after makeup.

21. Skin socks save feet from getting blisters.

22. Make a list of things to do.

23. Have lots of safety pins, cotton pads and cotton buds.

24. Fix hantaran tray way earlier.

25. Fresh flowers are lovely but the combination of lilies and roses are not that pretty actually.

26. Thank everyone who helped.

27. It helps if you actually liked/loved the person you're getting engaged to!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Ahaha lawak...but ko tunang sekali seumur idup *ameen~* so i'll take the advise kot =P

    but definitely not that fancy.clean n simple insyAllah

    ReplyDelete