Saturday 3 July 2010

Dubai

I'm in Ze lounge in Dubai now, after a filling meal ALONE and a nice shower ALONE. waaaa!!!

haih, there's the match behind me but i'm in no mood to watch football,what's with all of the CHORES and STUDYING waiting for me in Ze Bristol. I swear I'm not going to unpack until August. Penat ar.

Anyways, Dubai. Dubai is weird. I don't know why people wholly buy the glitz and glamour of Dubai. I know it's a rich country, but what's the value of the country if half of the people there are not native to that country? Heck, most workers here are not Arabs, don't speak Arab and it feels like its SOUTH EAST ASIA stuck in a desert. And for all the modern technologies Dubai has, they can't even provide proper toilets (with air-cond) in this multi award winning airport. HAH. Thank God I'm in Ze Lounge while waiting for my flight. At least they have showers (with Molton Brown Shampoo!!<3) and real towels. I was so stressed out because:
a) holiday is over
b) life is going downhill
c) all the chores that needs to be done
d)friends are back in malaysia
e) fiance is in malaysia
f) no more guitar lessons until term starts
g) have to manage bills
h) have to start studying
i) homesick
j) roomsick
k) no money to buy guitar picks...actually too lazy to go down to the music store
l)left macbook charger at home


Things are not looking good...well, at least I get to eat like there's no tomorrow here. The buffet was s0-s0....but it was all you can eat. The 'pasta with pesto sauce' is a disaster, there was not even a speckle of green in the sauce.. i think they should keep to serving middle eastern food on;y because the dill rice with morroccan lamb shanks are REALLY good. So was the middle eastern mezza. I dare not to try the Irish Stew for fear of... I don't know, maybe the Irish in front of it makes it unappetising... lol.I wanted to make it value for money so I smuggled some muffins and cakes to be eaten later...mwahahahahah! and those small can drinks + towels + complementary jam/honey.... eh boleh pass security ke nih?
... ...............................

the waiter (why is he hovering like a blue bottle fly?) is really annoying. Is he hungry or just amazed at my ability to eat? Sorry for being a greedy pig but hey, Emirates! you should have upgraded me to business class than I won't eat so much of your food!!!
i was contemplating smuggling the red rose on my table and the cute ketupat like cushions but maybe that's too much. I've already smuggled 4 glossy magazines out last time I was here.


okay I want to continue stuffing my face.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Hullo friend, congrats!! It's been years eh. Till we next meet (whenever that happens lah) all the best with life and love and smuggling cakes. :)

    ReplyDelete