Monday 29 November 2010

My legal temporary high

Okay so I know there are infinitely more important things in life to solve than playing guitar eg: ending poverty, stop war, being green, finding peace with God...... which should actually be top of my list of things to do. Oh dear.

So I admit I'm probably the plainest of the plainest of the plainest of people, I'll always be a mediocre student and will be a mediocre doctor but this thing is my temporary high that I like, so please be supportive. I'm a nicer person to be with because I let my frustration out on the guitar.

Tricks I learn this week from our weekly guitar classes:

1. Anchor pinkie on the body of the guitar and pick using all of your fingers. Don't be lazy and use only your thumb and index finger, all fingers need to be dextrous.

2. Sing when you play so you keep up with the tempo; alternatively play along with the audio so that you're always in beat.

3. Chord progression. CHORD ProGressION. Can't be stressed enough.

I got these lovely guitar associated birthday presents from really kind people. Thank you! I appreciate them very much!

Thanks Farah!

aaaa....I don't the picture of it, but I got a lovely thick book of all guitar chords from Syafiq. Thank you! I will practice more.

To my calluses, you guys are ugly, but I love you so much. Keep laying down those collagen strands and make yourself fatter and harder. And please kill all of the pain and pressure receptors.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment