Sunday 31 October 2010

The Last Train Home

If I can catch the last train home,
Maybe you would drive the mile,
And meet me there.

Faces of theirs,
Painful memories in this,
Deserted station filled,
My heart but you see,
I'm trying, running, dying to get home.

Clouds running low,
The heavens broke into tears,
Pitter patter they splattered,
The cold platform,
Overgrown with desire,
Longing and fear,
Of the past so cosy,
So warm and so lovely.

I hurried I did,
The tickets I bought with,
My future because,
I just want to be,
With you my dear.

Yet I forgot,
The train has stopped,
At the end of the track,
You've stepped out,
And waved goodbye.

Many faces, many places,
If they can count,
The colourful times we had,
Take the pain away,
Linking love again and again,
Tell them this and this only,
We are cold, we are lonely,
All because we missed,
Boarding our happy train.

No comments:

Post a Comment