Friday 23 July 2010

Every cloud has a silver lining.

huh........ I've been slaving over this stupid project for days on end. Wednesday came, and I was so ready for it. My powerpoint was done, the audio edits were fine, I had my lines and suddenly, BAM!!! technology (or Murphy's Law damn you Murphy!) hits me right on the face. They can't open my powerpoint, and I had to give the presentation I had been slaving night and day over WITHOUT the slides. On top of that, they wouldn't even let me finish my presentation (ckp je la dh ngantuk cis!!!). I was on the verge of tears right in front of the room. Thankfully I didn't,which would've been embarrassing.
So anyways, I was so down afterwards I decided to self-medicate myself with a lil' retail therapy.I didn't have money to spend, so I bought a tub of Sainsbury Vanilla Ice-cream (1 pound) to share with cartoon housemate and lugged this tub into 2 charity shops.

OMG! Nerding alert! BOOKs! BooKS!! as cheap as air.

I bought these:
a) The Behaviour of Moths by Poppy Adams..... her name really gets me.
b) In The Name of Roses....cuz the writer is Spanish.
c) The Autumn of The Patriach <------ currently readin
g this, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. EXQUISITE. I'm into page 25 now and THERE IS NO PERIOD. how on earth do you write a novel without a period? d) Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett... I've been looking for this text for AGES. I've had the online text bookmarked from 1st Year but why would I want to ruin the pleasure of reading Beckett's by reading it on the net? I now have a bonafide genuine vintage Beckett. For 1.50 pounds. I LOVE OXFAM.









I also manage to buy this gorgeous short-sleeved hoodie with FRILLS!


and this.....tacky but worth every penny.... it only costs 25 pence anyway....
now Ms Monroe looks over me while I sleep...it is actually rather creepy....

p/s: can i please join the nerd club now?

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Umberto Eco? Nice! Although I didn't personally like In The Name Of The Rose meself.

    ReplyDelete