Thursday 15 July 2010


I think I should change the title of this blog to guitar AND murakami addict. Just got the internet today (yeay!) and the first thing i did was NOT to check out http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ like I usually do ,rather this is the first thing I typed in google. Haruki Murakami.

I have to meet this man. I have to. He spins words so deliciously that sometimes you forget you live in this world. When I read his books, I'll always feel like I'm walking the streets of Tokyo, rather like the cat in Kafka on The Shore. Right now I'm listening to one of his readings in Harvard a couple of years back, surprise surprise! He speaks English fluently, this small man reading in front of so many people yet his voice never quavered.

Just finished reading What I Talk About when I Talk About Running. A brilliant autobiography by Mr Murakami, this book is like a key that unlocks his brilliant mind only to those people who reads ( and understands) it. His strict life regime somewhat contradicts his characters (in my opinion at least). He's around 50 now but have been in numerous marathons and triathlons. Best of all, his running shoes are of the same brand as my running shoes----> mizuno hence I believe at a cosmic level, mr murakami and I are of the same species.Have to make notes of his writings!!!


AT LEAST HE NEVER WALKED. he never walks. no matter how tired he is he never walks.



look past the guitars, the cat and the make-ups, you will see Murakami dominating my precious novels collections. I really need more variety.

goodnite!

xoxo

1 comment: