Monday 24 May 2010

Haruki Murakami


Haruki Murakami, Haruki Murakami.... Think I might have a lil' school-girlish crush on him. (probably a lot!). I've read most of his novels and short stories and each time I finish 'em in less than a week. This is a person, with such great talent for writing that his novels to me are not just novels. They're passages of life from his clear albeit skewed perspectives. I've always felt so connected to each of his characters, more so to Midori in Norweign Wood.(just finished reading it in 3 days! soooooo gooood) What's the point of this entry? I don't know. I would really really like to meet him someday. I want to tell him how his stories have affected me. How brilliant he is (on 2nd thought, probably not. He wouldn't appreciate it) No i think what i want to say to him is that "hey Mr Murakami. I understand exactly what you wanted to say. And I understand what made you wrote those stories. You wrote adventures that you've never had. And in a unearthly way, I feel that I've been adventuring throughout Japan with you. Even going to Germany with you (like the female protaganist whom I cant remember her name did in The Wind Up bird Chronicle). You are just like me. I can tell. You wrote what I would write if I had the talent. Like I said, I understand exactly what you wanted to say...."

okay i'm off to ebay to try and find Sputnik Sweetheart!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment