Friday 6 August 2010

what does the word antsy mean?

I haven't been updating my blog in a while... but there were not many things i wanted to write about, vacation has microwaved my brain into mulch, and i'm bored. Well, guitar wise, one day I was strumming the guitar *cue Brick by Boring Brick by PARAMORE!!* and my pick slipped into the hole. Okay they cost like 50p each, (65p in that snotty old music room on Park Street..harumph!) but I wanted to retrieve it still. I GOOGLED "how to get pick out of guitar" and this came out!



Okay so I tried the first technique, shake-shake and quickly flip it over, and BAM! 2 PICKS got out of that hole! I didnt even know there were 2 picks in there! Thanks Justin!!

FYI, Justin is a great teacher, I learn a lot from his videos and he taught Katie Melua the guitar!

http://www.justinguitar.com/

On the more serious side, I've been kinda antsy these days ..... It's that time of the year again, Ramadhan... last year I bought 2 books on Ramadhan (thanks fardia I bought 1 because of you!) but only managed to finish reading one. It's always the same every year, really wanting to be a good person before Ramadhan, being kinda good during Ramadhan and undoing every good deed after Ramadhan. It's like Satan goes out of his way to make me bad. FINE. If I fail to be good again this year, I'll go to hell and beat your ass there. *mungkin kene marah diri sendiri dulu sebelum marah Setan*


Okay fine Satan. You'll see. I'll try and be good this year, and make you lose your party! I'll come around next year and laugh at your face.

oooh, it's time like this I feel really terrible for turning my back on some Islamic circles. I really need one right now.

I found this on the net. It speaks for itself.

Ten Useless Matters

Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Al-Fawa'id

© 2004 Umm Al-Qura



There are ten useless matters:

  1. Knowledge that is not acted on
  2. The deed that has neither sincerity nor is based on following the righteous examples of others
  3. Money that is hoarded, as the owner neither enjoys it during this life nor obtains any reward for it in the Hereafter
  4. The heart that is empty of love and longing for Allah, and of seeking closeness to Him
  5. A body that does not obey and serve Allah
  6. Loving Allah without following His orders or seeking His pleasure
  7. Time that is not spent in expiating sins or seizing opportunities to do good
  8. A mind that thinks about useless matters
  9. Serving those who do not bring you close to Allah, nor benefit you in your life
  10. Hoping and fearing whoever is under the authority of Allah and in His hand; while he cannot bring any benefit or harm to himself, nor death, nor life; nor can he resurrect himself.
However the greater of these matters are wasting the heart and wasting time. Wasting the heart is done by preferring this worldly life over the Hereafter, and wasting time is done by having incessant hope. Destruction occurs by following one’s desires and having incessant hope, while all goodness is found in following the right path and preparing oneself to meet Allah.

How strange it is that when a servant of Allah has a [worldly] problem, he seeks help of Allah, but he never asks Allah to cure his heart before it dies of ignorance, neglect, fulfilling one’s desires and being involved in innovations. Indeed, when the heart dies, he will never feel the significance or impact of his sins.


Waaaaaa... do not waste yet another golden opportunity. God please help me!!

xooooooxo

No comments:

Post a Comment